The global Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) market will see a capital expenditure (CAPEX) of $13.5 bn in
Forecasts & Analysis by Application Including Military, EEZ Protection, Search & Rescue, Others as well as by Type such as Warfighting & Maritime Patrol AND by Geography PLUS Profiles of Leading Companies in the OPV Market
NEW YORK, Jan. 9, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05273325Report Details
- Visiongain has calculated that the global Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) market will see a capital expenditure (CAPEX) of $13.5 bn in 2017.
- Offshore patrol vessels (OPVs) are highly versatile ships widely used by coast guards, naval and police forces for Economic Exclusion Zone (EEZ) management roles, including the provision of maritime security to coastal areas, anti-terrorist campaigns, protection of fisheries and humanitarian operations.
- OPVs have become an increasingly popular addition to a country's mix of maritime assets. Besides navies, agencies that also operate patrol vessels include marine police, customs services, ministries of interiors and coast guards.
- In the naval vessel market, OPVs are the fastest growing segment and remain the heart of fleet modernization programs. Highly effective patrol vessels with anti-warfare and anti-surface capabilities are developed as weapon and combat systems continue to mature.
- With squeezing defence budgets, OPVs are welcomed as a cost-effective solution instead of large and expensive warships for simple patrolling duties. Since, OPVs offer more warfare capabilities to include in a smaller h....